Personal branding in Japan is still a very new concept. People are interested in the idea of branding themselves, but are cautious about standing out. After all, Japanese are educated that “the nail that sticks out gets hammered down.”
My personal mission is to pioneer a mindset shift in a country where fitting in is the cultural norm. In this interview with videoBIO, I answer the following questions:
- How is personal branding being adopted in Japan?
- How does Japanese culture challenge the core principles of personal branding?
- What tools are being used in Japan for personal branding?
- What is happening in the recruiting landscape in Japan as people look to take their next career step?
- What shifts in culture are you seeing that relate to personal branding?